Warm blooded hosts can become victim of obligate parasites and these parasites lives externally on these warm blooded hosts known by the name of lice. Typhus and other related diseases get their activities due to vectors such as lice. Public louse, head louse and body louse are the species of lice which affects humans and in this article I am going to write about can black people get lice? Reasons and prevention from head lice.Head lice infestation happens in human head because of obligate ecto-parasites which are wingless insects and known commonly by name of head lice.
Can black people get lice?
There is a misconception regarding this that black people do not get lice. So I would like to conclude about this misconception in short such as that black people covered their hairs with sheens and oils all the time so they have less chance of getting lice as compared to white people. Actually African American people are famous for styling their hairs on daily basis with such products in which lice cannot adhere properly. So evolution of hair lice depends on the hair type and factors which are responsible for lice growth. It is not the reality that white people are more exposed to lice than black people. It only depends on how you take care of your hairs and on how you style your hair regularly or how you take the precautions to not affect yourself by lice. From researches another thing came in view that hair structure of black people is different from white people and this might be the reason that white people has 10.4% ratio of getting lice while black people has 0.3% ratio in children.
Reasons why black people has fewer chances of getting lice than white people
There are some reasons I would like to mention because of which black people has fewer chances of getting lice than white people and these reasons are as follows:
1. African Americans or black people have oval profile regarding hair as compared to white people or Caucasian people who have rounded profile regarding hair structure.
2. It is believed that claws of head lice fits perfectly in rounded profile hairs as compared to oval profile hair and that is why black people gets less lice as compared to white people.
3. Because of the oval profile of hairs of African people head lice cannot move freely and they ultimately die because they need a host to move freely which they cannot do because of oval profile hairs.
4. Africans are famous because of their innovative and versatile hair styling and this thing is also a primary reason of getting fewer lice because of their styling they use such products in which lice cannot live easily and they ultimately die.
5. One thing more I would like to mention that lice die in heat and when during styling people straight their hairs with straightener or iron, lice die because of heat.
6. Black people are famous for styling their hairs by shaving off their head from some areas and this thing also promote the reason of getting fewer lice as compared to white people.
7. Africans have those treatments by which they can completely eradicate lice and when one gets lice his/her mother choses those treatments and eradicate lice properly and lice do not get spreaded in other children while white people prefer store products because of which lice do not die properly and spread in other children hairs too. So this is the reason why black people have fewer chances of getting lice than white people.
8. When black people found lice in their dreadlocks they cut off their dreadlocks immediately and this thing prohibited the growth of more lice.
9. Actually black people take care of their hair more as compared to white people and because of this thing black people has fewer chances of getting lice than white people.
10. Sheens and oils are used by black people on daily basis while white people only uses store products and do not rely on natural things so this might be the reason black people has fewer chances of getting lice than white people.
Prevention from head lice
It is not the ultimate fact that black people cannot get lice because people who are native of Brazil, Nigeria and Africa get such type of lice which cannot be easily washed and cannot be combed out so the ways of prevention from head lice of such kind are as follows:
1. Oil products and oils such as tea tree oil and coconut are best for the prevention from head lice.
2. Waxes and pomades are best to suffocate the lice by which lice die out and they cannot get more growth and I would like to suggest that use these things on daily basis to get rid of lice properly.
3. Awareness regarding lice spread problem must be given to everyone regardless to cast creed or color and one thing I would like to mention is that stop sharing personal things and combs, this thing will make growth of head lice less and lice will not spread from one person to other.
4. On weekly or monthly basis head of children must be checked properly so that lice do not get growth and because of your carelessness it get spread to other children in your child’s school.
5. Some anti-lice shampoos are available in market so use these shampoos once in a week if you are not affected by problem of lice still use these shampoos as a precautionary measure.