Jack Black is a famous comedian known for his comic performances. His full name is Thomas Jacob Jack Black. Being born in Santa Monica, California he grew up in a family of engineers. His parents Judith Love and Thomas William Black are satellite engineers. His mother rendered her services in making the Hubble Space Telescope. His parents parted ways when he was ten years old and moved with his father in Culver City. He attended Poseidon High School. He also hot enrolled in Crossroads School where his dramatic skills came into prominence. He then later on took admission in UCLA but later dropped out to pursue acting. He grew up under the Jewish faith and attended Hebrew School. He used to celebrate Bar Mitzvah. Jack Black net worth of $20 million comes from his singing and acting ventures.
- Date of Birth: August 28, 1969
- Age: 47
- Profession: Actor, singer, musician, comedian
- Spouse: Tanya Haden
- Children: 2
Journey to Stardom:
His first foray into the TV medium was when he did an advertisement for the Activision game Pitbull! as a child in 1982. He then acted as an adult in various TV shows like Life Goes On, Mr. Show, Northern Exposure, Picket Fences, The Golden palace and The X-Files. He then starred as side characters in Airborne, Waterworld, The Fan, The Cable Guy, Mars Attacks!, Demolition man and Dead Man Walking. His breakthrough role came in 2000 when he got a role as a wild employee in the movie “High Fidelity”. Jack Black net worth upped after starring in it. He then went on to appear in “Shallow Hal”, “Year One”, “Gulliver’s Travels” and many others. His role in the critically acclaimed movie “School of Rock” earned a Golden Globe nomination in the Best Actor – Music or Comedy category. He had his fair share of starring in dramatic movies like King Kong.
Trivia about Jack Black:
- He lent his voice for “Kung Fu Panda”, “Kung Fu Panda 2” and “Kung Fu Panda 3” which opened to great reviews and grossed well on the box office.
- In 2008, he hosted the Spike Video Game Awards. He has the pleasure of hosting the Nickelodeon Kids’Choice Awards and Acceptable.TV.
- When Led Zeppelin received Kennedy Center Honors in 2012, he gave them the tribute by performing on their famous songs.
- In 2016, he appeared on “Years of Living Dangerously” as the celebrity correspondent. The show is a climate change documentary show. Jack Black net worth is expected to rise to millions after that.
- He voiced for the main character Eddie Riggs in the metal themed heavy video game “Brutal Legend”. In 2008, he won the Best Voice award for it as well.
- In 2015, Jack Black played the fictional character of real life author R.L. Stine in the movie “Goosebumps”. He also lent his voice for the characters of R.L. Stine which are “Slappy the Dummy” and “The Invisible Boy”.
- Won a Blimp Award in 2009 for “Kung Fu Panda” at the Kids Choice awards.
- Won an MTV Movie Award for Best Comedic Performance in “The School of Rock” in 2004.
- Won Comedy Star of the Year award in 2004.
- Won a Block buster Entertainment Award in Favorite Supporting Actor category for “High Fidelity” in 2001.
Breakdown of Movies and TV appearances:
- Did roles in “High Fidelity”, “Shallow Hal”, “Nacho Libre”, “Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny”, “Year One” and “Gulliver’s Travels” in the year 2000.
- He starred in the movie “King Kong” in the year 2005.
- Lent his voice for “Kung Fu Panda” and the other two parts.
- “The Big Year” was released in 2011 which was a comedy movie.
- He did a black comedy called “Bernie” in the year 2011 in which he played the real life murderer Bernie Tiede. It garnered him great critical acclaim and Jack Black net worth went up after that.
- He then made guest appearance in the TV show “The Office” and “iCarly”, “Tom Goes to the Mayor” and “Community”.
- In 2001, he appeared on the celebrity edition of the show “Who wants to be a Millionaire?” and won the prize money of $125,000. Jack Black net worth increased by this hefty amount after that.
Jack Black got engaged to Tanya Haden on January, 2006. She is the daughter of jazz bassist Charlie Haden. They first met on the Crossroads School and after graduating, they met again. He proposed and they got married on March 14, 2006. The wedding ceremony took place in Big Sur, California. After marrying Tanya, Jack Black net worth went up by combining his wife’s net worth with him. His first son Samuel Jason Black was born on June 10, 2006 in Los Angeles. On May 23, 2008 he had his second son with her wife. He named his second son Thomas David Black. He left his Jewish faith early on in his career but now that he is a father, he is raising his sons in the Jewish faith and went along with them to synagogue. He is a strong supporter of Obama and campaigned for him for his re-election in 2012. Jack Black net worth constitutes his earnings from his movies and TV shows. Jack visited Kampala, Uganda in 2015 as an ambassador for Comic Relief USA’s Red Nose Day. In June, 2016 someone posted a status about Jack’s death on Tenacious D’s twitter page which came out to be untrue and the band members blamed this stint on a hacker.
Earnings of Jack Black over the years for different movie:
Year Movie Earnings
2002 Orange County $2,000,000
2001 Saving Silverman $1,000,000
2001 Shallow Hal $2,000,000
2000 High Fidelity $250,000
Jack Black net worth is estimated to grow to $40 million as he is getting film offers due to his perfect comic timing and singing ventures.