$ 40 million.
John Mayer is a famous American singer, song writer and a producer who was born in Bridgeport Connecticut. His father Richard was a high school principal and mother used to teach English in middle school. He has two other siblings, an elder brother Carl and a younger brother Ben. He is the middle one among his brothers. He has Jewish faith from his paternal side. He studied from Center for Global Studies at Brian McMahon High School which is situated in Norway. He got his education from Berkley College of Music which is located in Boston. He played guitar for the first time when he was gifted a guitar by his father. His fondness towards blues music started when his neighbor gave him a Stevie Ray Vaughan cassette. He then knew right then that he wanted to pursue a career in music. He started taking lessons from a local guitar- shop owner Al Ferrante. When he was in high school, he began to play in local venues and clubs. He became a band member of a group called Villanova Junction. John Mayer net worth is $40 million. He is famous all over the world due to his soft music.
- Date of Birth: October 16, 1977
- Age: 39
- Profession: singer, song writer, producer
- Spouse: none
- Children: none
Journey to Stardom:
John moved to Atlanta when his friend Clay Cook convinced him to shift their base from Berklee to Atlanta and they left their studies midway after two semesters. They formed a band called LoFi Masters and used to perform in local clubs. The band disbanded shortly afterwards due to conflicts of interests. He then embark on a solo journey of his musical career. The record producer Glenn Matullo offered him an opportunity to record his EP which he titled “Inside: Wants Out”. He used to put his digital records on the internet and gained a huge fan following. His performance in the 2000 South by Southwest Festival strengthen his position with Aware Records and he began performing on behalf of them. John Mayer net worth began to reach at a high point in his career. His internet only debut album was released by Aware in 2001 by the name of “Room for Squares”. They collaborated with Columbia Records which re-release the original copies of the album which became a hit. His song “Your Body is a wonderland” earned him a Grammy awards for Best Male Pop Vocal performance in 2003. His second album “Heavier Things” was released in 2003. It ranked at number one spot in the Billboard Hot 100 list. His third album “Continuum” was released in 2006. The album had a taste of pop and blues music. He won the Best Pop album Grammy award in 2006 for his album “Continuum”. His forth studio album “Battle studies” was released in 2007 which instantly rose to the number one spot on the Billboard 200 charts. The earnings from this album ascended John Mayer net worth. After the release of his fourth album, he gave some controversial interviews to Playboy and Rolling Stones which angered his fans. After that, he avoid appearing in the public eyes. He then began to experience some issues in his vocal cords for which he examined under medical procedures. He had a surgery after that. For one of his doctor’s visits, he went to Bozeman, Montana with which he became increasingly fond of it and settled there in 2012. His other albums include “Born and Raised”, “Paradise Valley” and “The Search for everything”.
Trivia about John Mayer:
- His first tour as a solo artist was in 2001 and has since toured with Maroon 5, Ben Folds, The Wallflowers, Sheryl Crow and Train. At that time, John Mayer net worth was starting to grow slowly and steadily.
- In 2015, he became a part of a band called “Dead & Company” along with other members including Jeff Chimenti and Oteil Burbridge. They toured across the United States in 2016.
- He shows up on venues uninvited for free concerts without advance notice.
- He was diagnosed with Cardiac dysrhythmia at the age of 17. He wrote his first song before discharging from the hospital. He had panic attacks after that and used to fear admitting in a mental asylum.
- In 2004 issue of the magazine Esquire, he wrote a column called “Music lessons with John Mayer”.
- In the early 2000s, social media was starting to boom and that’s where he got active on various platforms which enhanced his fan following and John Mayer net worth began to grow by millions.
- He also did comedy in the mid-2000s and started appearing in Comedy Cellar but soon withdrew himself from it due to over increased media intervention.
- He is an avid watch collector and has expensive watches from around the world including the famous Patek Philippe with a sky moon Tourbillion.
He had a series of public misconduct in 2007 and he became a topic of gossip due to his love life. He got addicted to marijuana and made public jokes about paparazzi which trembled John Mayer net worth a little bit but then he withdrew from the public eye for a brief period of time and controlled his public image.
He has dated industry’s sweet hearts like Jennifer Love Hewitt, Taylor Swift, Jessica Simpson, Katy Perry, Jennifer Aniston and Minka Kelly. He has never married and has no children. He has established a foundation “Back to you” under his name which supports charitable causes in the areas of health care, arts and education. He has participated in many telethons as well. John Mayer net worth obliges him to return the support he got from his fans to the society. He raised more than $100,000 to support the firefighters in the benefit concert in Benzone, Montana.