Tamera Darvette Mowry-Housley a.k.a Tamera Mowry is an American model and actress who rose to fame for her teen role on the ABC sitcom Sister, sister. She played the role of Tamera Campbell. She was born to Timothy and Darlene Mowry in Gelnhausen, Hesse, Germany. She also has an identical sister named Tia Mowry and two brothers Tahj and Tavior. She has starred in the Disney Channel original movie “Twitches” and its sequel “Twitches Too”. Tamera Mowry net worth has come from her appearance in her reality TV show “Tia and Tamera” in which she appeared alongside her sister Tia. The content of the show focused on the daily life of both sisters. It was launched in 2011 and ended after three season in 2013. She and her twin sister Tia had been part of a singing group called “Voices” in the early nineties. The group released their first single “yeah, yeah yeah!” in the year 1992 which reached the number 72 spot on the Billboard hot 100.
- Date of Birth: July 6, 1978
- Age: 38
- Profession: Actress, model
- Spouse: Adam Housley
- Children: 2
Journey to Stardom:
Tamera’s father was in the US army at the time of her birth and her mother also had an association with the US army. The nature of job of both her parents demanded constant shifting throughout the country. When she was just two years old, her family settled in Fort hood, Texas. She took part in various pageants. After several attempts at the pageants, they moved to California. After moving to California, her brother Tahj got a prominent role in comedy series “Full House”. Tamera made an appearance on the show in the episode titled “The Devil made me do it”. She got her breakthrough role when producer Irene Dreayer offered her and her sister Tia the role of twin sisters who get separated at birth and reunited in their teenage years. The show aired with the title “Sister, sister”. She began to earn big money with her sitcom and this is how Tamera Mowry net worth began to rise. She debuted in a movie titled “Seventeen Again” in the year 2000 along with her sister. After the movie, she went on to do a role in another movie “Something to sing about” in 2001.
Timeline of sitcoms and movies:
- She first appeared in the show “Sister, sister” in 1994
- She then debuted in the movies with the movie titled “Seventeen again” in 2000
- She then signed for the role in the movie “Something to sing about” in 2001
- She made an appearance in the famous sitcom “The hot chick” in 2002
- She appeared in the TV show “Strong Medicine” in 2004
- She then went on to do the TV show “Twitches”
- She lent her voice for the role of Esther in the animated series “Family Guy” in 2006. The series became popular among the youth and managed to racked in big bucks thus increasing Tamera Mowry net worth by a huge margin
- She reprised her role in the sequel “Twitches too” in 2007
- She rose to prominence by starring alongside her sister in the reality TV show “Tia & Tamera” from 2011 to 2013. This reality TV show skyrocketed Tamera Mowry net worth by millions as it became hugely popular among young girls
- Won a Blimp Award in the Favorite Television actress category for her role in “Sister, sister” in the years 1995, 1996 and 1997
- Won the Hall of Fame award in the Kids Choice Awards, USA along with her sister Tia in 1998
- Won an Image award for her comedy series “Sister, sister” in 1999 and 2000 consecutively
Trivia about Tamera Mowry net worth:
- Tamera Mowry earned huge sums of money from her reality TV show “Tia & Tamera”
- Tamera Mowry net worth of $8 million comes from her earnings of her TV shows and movies
- The lawsuit filed against Tamera by her former agent cost her a lot of money. The agent sued her due to non-payment issues
Tamera continued her education despite appearing in movies and sitcoms. She graduated from Birmingham High School in Van Nuys, California. She then attended Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. She completed her degree in Psychology along with her sister. She is married to the Fox News correspondent Adam Housley and has two children with him. Her son was born on November 12, 2012. She then welcomed her second child on July 1, 2015. Her mother is her personal manager who manages her finances. Recently she and her sister were caught up in the ugly lawsuit filed against them by their former agent due to payment issues. It cost her a lot of money and decreased Tamera Mowry net worth by a considerable margin. Her brother Tahj and Tavior play football for University of California, Davis. In July 2013, she said in one of her interviews that she lost her virginity at the age of 29 but after that she began to feel guilty and decided to stay away from it until marriage. She has a pet dog by the name of Milano.
Breakdown of earnings from TV shows and movies:
Tamera Mowry manages her work and personal life very well. Her mother manages her finances and advises her on what kind of roles she should take and what kind of roles she should reject. Even though her body of work is not too big as compared to her contemporaries but still she has managed to earn big in the movie and TV industry. Tamera Mowry net worth of $8 million is high enough given her less body of work.