Xzibit is a rapper, a radio personality, record producer, a TV host and an actor from America. His real name is Alvin Nathaniel Joiner. Xzibit is his stage name and he was born in Detroit, Michigan. His mother is a single parent. He has four other siblings, two sisters and two brothers. When her mother died, he moved in with his father. His father married again and shifted to Albuquerque, New Mexico. He began writing rhythms in his teenage years. He got in unlawful activities with the police and ended up living with his sister. Xzibit net worth is around $3 million. He began to rap in his late teen years. He has reconciled with his father after his father’s second marriage.
- Date of Birth: September 18, 1974
- Age: 42
- Profession: radio personality, TV host, actor, rapper
- Spouse: Krista Joiner
- Children: 2
Journey to Stardom:
When he moved to Los Angeles, he started his rap career at the tender age of 14. He released his debut album “At the speed of Life” in October, 1996 after signed on by Loud Records. It reached at number 74 on the list of Billboard Hot 200. Its first single “Paparazzi” made it to number 86 on the Billboard Hot 100. He soon became a West coast underground artist. He made several tours with the Likwit Crew. After the tours, he released his second album “40 Dayz & 40 Nightz” on August 25, 1998. It received critical acclaim. Its most well received single is “What U see is What U get”. Xzibit net worth was on the rise that time. Famous rapper Dr. Dre noticed his popularity and got him featured on the Snoop Dogg’s hit “Bitch Please” for his album “No Limit Top Dogg”. He also featured alongside Eminem for his song “What’s the Difference”. After the successful launch of his musical career, he put his foot in acting by debuting with the movie “The Breaks” in the year 1999. His third album “Restless” rose to critical acclaim and instantly became a hit among the masses. The album featured artists like Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre. It became Platinum Certified. The album sold above 2 million copies. Xzibit net worth reached a whole new level after that. His forth studio album “Man vs. Machine” was released in 2002. The album is his most successful album up to date. His fifth album “Weapons of Mass Destructions” was released in December, 2004.
Trivia about Xzibit:
- Xzibit is mostly famous for hosting MTV show “Pimp My Ride”.
- In June, 2007 he left the Rove Live Studios after a Rove staffer remarked his late booking as the reason of great struggle.
- In a Gumball 3000 2007 rally, he got his license seized by the police after driving at a speed of 160 kmph in a 100 kmph zone. He had to reapply for his driving license in the United States.
- In late 2010, he evaded a federal tax of $959, 523. He filed for bankruptcy twice in July 2009 and January 2010 but his bankruptcy was rejected for several reasons.
- Xzibit net worth started to decline when his show “Pimp my Ride” got cancelled in 2008.
- He is a part of a rap supergroup called Golden State Warriors along with other members Ras Kass and Saafir.
- He has hosted MTV’s Europeon Music Awards which were held in November, 2004.
Appearance in Movies and TV shows:
- He starred with Jennifer Aniston and Clive Owen in the movie “Derailed”. This was the movie that added a lot of amount in Xzibit net worth due to huge star presence in it.
- He guest starred on the show “CSI Miami”.
- He did a role alongside Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre in the movie “The Wash”.
- In the movie “The Slim Shady Show”, he starred alongside Eminem.
- He starred in the movie “Full Clip” with Busta Rhymes.
- He then starred in “xxx: State of the Union” and “Hoodwinked”.
- He made guest appearances in the animated series “The Boondocks”.
His son Tremayne was born when Xzibit was 19 years of age. He has never mentioned who the mother of his child is but he has told in several interviews that he broke up with her in 1998. He shares the custody of his child with the mother. Tremayne attends school and lives with his mother. He spends weekends and summers with Xzibit. As Xzibit net worth is comprised of his revenue that he gets from his sold out albums so it is easy for him to bring his child up in descent atmosphere. His overall persona and demeanor is more on the calm and cool side. His songs are listened by the ganstas and the college intellectuals. He once invited all his fellow rap artists to make the lyrics of their songs dirt-free. His songs includes social and political issues like the bombings in Iraq or the use of drugs. In his fifth studio album, he ranted about President Bush and his invasion in Iraq. He has earned a large amount of his revenue from his studio album collections, movies, his show “Pimp my Ride” and many other collaborations with various music artists. These are the reasons Xzibit net worth is slightly higher than his contemporaries.
Earnings from Xzibit studio albums:
Year Album Sales
2006 Full Circle $387,000
2004 Weapons of Mass destruction $545,000
2002 Restless $1,300,000
2002 Man vs. Machine $539,000
Xzibit net worth can be estimated based upon the above data and it can be seen that his albums have done fairly well in terms of sales.